We’re really excited to be holding our 3rd Health Disruptors Blab chat on July 19, 2016 at Noon ET (9 AM PT). We decided to mix up the schedule a little bit. It’s still the 3rd Tuesday of the month, but this time we’re trying it in the middle of the day to see how things go in the middle of the day versus the night. Let us know what you think of the time change.
If you’re not familiar with the format and approach of the Health Disruptors blab, you can read more details here.
Melissa McCool (MindStile and STI Innovations) and John Lynn (Healthcare Scene) are excited to have an amazing guest host this month, Erik Pupo (@erikpupo), Managing Director of North America Clinical & Health Management Services At Accenture. Erik has proposed the topic of “Value Based Care: Embracing Technology as a Driver of Care Delivery Change” for this month’s Health Disruptors chat. To start the discussion, here’s some thoughts and questions that we’ll use to guide our conversation:
With bundled, capitated and risk-based contracts setting a fixed top line, there is a scramble in motion among providers and payers to better leverage technology to understand financial and clinical risks.
- How do we leverage technology to improve the patient billing experience?
- How can providers and payers adopt a digital footprint to increase patient financial educational tools?
- What are the different approaches for financial and risk modeling using predictive analytics tools and approaches that can inform leadership on cost and margin issues?
Value Based Care also represents an opportunity to increase technology penetration in behavioral health, palliative, or post-acute services to improve care at lower costs
- Can we use the cloud to automate physician efforts in populating quality measures?
- How can improvements in IT design and development processes drive lower costs for deploying IT to low-income and safety net hospitals?
If you’ve never used blab before, it’s really easy to use. You can watch and participate in the chat on blab itself or in the embed below. Just visit this blog post or the blab page on the date of the event and you can join in on the conversation live. Yes, that’s right, we encourage you to not just listen to the conversation, but to join in.
We’re planning to start off holding these monthly on the 3rd Tuesday of every month so put it on your calendar.
Also, feel free to use the #HealthDisruptors hashtag for things you learn or hear on the blab chat as well. Thanks in advance for those who spread the word about this new endeavor. We think it could grow into a really special community.